Yes, we mean Anglesea in Victoria, Australia, but if you were looking for Anglesey in Wales then you will be disappointed, you can play at online casinos like GamingClub.com/au there but that is as far as it goes. Naturally Anglesea, Victoria is very different, after all where would Australians be without a casino close by? By far the largest majority of Australians enjoy gambling and Victorians are no different from the rest. So here is a list of the better casinos and gaming rooms that are just a short distance from Anglesea:
· Lord of the Isles, 3 W Fyans St, Newtown. This is an excellent bar and bistro with a very small gaming area and a few slot machines, but worth a visit if you are nearby.
· Buckley's, 54 Fellmongers Rd, Breakwater. This is really an entertainment centre though there are some slot machines and you will always find some poker going on. There are also some great shows and live music.
· The Sphinx, 2 Thompson Rd, North Geelong. For a taste of Egypt visit the Sphinx Hotel for some great entertainment including a retro Go-Go nightclub and a mini casino.
· Leopold Sportsmans Club, 135 Kensington Rd, Leopold is a great place for some bowls, squash and golf plus a little gambling. It has an excellent sports bar for those who enjoy a little sports betting.
· The Shell Club, 76 Purnell Rd, Corio is a great place if you fancy combining a little gambling with some burlesque entertainment. The top game here is Keno and the regulars are very good at it so be warned.
· White Eagle House, 46-48 Fellmongers Rd, Breakwater is a great little venue for some drinking, sports and betting. It has a regular lottery too with some great prizes as well as a number of slot machines.
· St George Workers Club, 212 Pakington St, Geelong West is known as providing excellent value for money. It is best to avoid busy days such as the Melbourne Cup Day when the staff tends to be somewhat overworked and over stressed.